Thursday, October 2

Remembering the Magic

"Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come, my baby
We might have took the long way
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet, they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together, still going strong.
~Still the One by Shania Twain

I've been looking through all my diaries dating back to 1995...that long, eh? Well, before blogging was the IN thing, I was pouring out my thoughts, feelings, and day-to-day woes to my diary! Hahaha what's more, I even got a name for her (yes, she's a girl). Di and I have been through a lot together and when I read a few entries on the most recent one, I blushed! I can't believe all the stuff I wrote in there! Most of them chronicling my whirlwind (?) romance with Pyertubs!

Yes boss, I have them in wrting and no you can't look! I can't even read some of them because of their corny-ness and then some. I even wrote down possible reasons why I fell in love with Pyertubs [blush*]! I don't know if he can remember some of those times and I admit, I even forgot about the others. They were not so significant but it is a part of the fabric of our lives.

As I leafed throught the pages, I saw a few important text messages from Pyertubs. I'm not posting them here, though. They're for my eyes only! But I'll only say that we were crazy when we thought that our relationship was wrong. Some of the messages, from Pyertubs especially where heartwrenching. Back then, we thought that we weren't right for each other at all. Back then, I was also at a crossroads.

An entry did catch my eye though. It went "I didn't know ingon ani ko ma-in love ni Pierre (I didn't know that I could love Pierre this way)...it's something that I never really expected..." Now that I read it again, did I realize that it's true.

I know that people change as the years go by and sometimes, if you are in a relationship for as long as we have been, the romance will fizzle out. I can see the difference in how we treat each other before compared to today but one thing hasn't changed, though and I'm happy about it. Both of us, still profess our love for each other, be it in small ways that are only obvious to both of us or in ways where we shout it out to the world. It's corny, I know but sometimes, it helps to reaffirm our feelings to each other.

Boss, you're still the guy I met seven years ago. I don't regret the heartaches and the trials that came our way; we're stronger because of it.

I never realized that I sealed my fate when I kissed you that night at the beach. I love you.

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP