Sunday, November 30

I'll Be Home for Christmas...

if only in my dreams...

Christmas Tree
I used to listen to that song over and over again once December starts. Sang by The Lettermen, I never realized the true meaning of the words until I wasn't home for Christmas.

This Christmas, marks the second Christmas that I will spend away from home and now away from P. This would have been our first Christmas as husband and wife but we cannot control fate.

With Christmas just around the corner, I am filled with melancholy. Christmas songs always on the radio and Christmas commercials on T.V. is something that can make one sick especially if they spend Christmas away from home.

It's not gift giving and it's not the food but it is the being in the midst of your family that makes Christmas a special holiday for all of us. It might be because we Filipinos spend it differently from others, although maybe it is not that different for those who know the true meaning of the season.

My mom and I have been planning what to do during the holidays. We won't cook and I'm sure we won't decorate at all; these are just reminders of what we would have had where all of us are together. Lonely eh? But I do know that I will spend my Christmas in my dreams.

May your holidays be merry and bright. Merry Christmas!

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP