Thursday, October 16

Music Mania: Lightning Crashes by Live

I'm not much of an alternative or rock fan, mind you. But I swear I grew up in the wrong generation! Oh sure, I had my Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls year but I now cringe at the thought of loving them at all.

I'm not saying they're not good at all! Heck, I enjoyed them way back when but I swear once I was educated to the finer arts of alternative, rock, and heavy metal, all these "boy bands" and "girl bands" paled in comparison to the real bands!

Aw, I haven't actually turned into a black clothing rocker chick with heavy eyeliner but I have already begun to appreciate their songs. I guess it's because their poetry is so unique and it speaks right to the heart. They might not look like much (I beg to differ, though) with all their hair and ratty clothes but man can they sing! Today though, some of these guys are H-O-T (they're second to you Boss).

When I read Pyertubs' post, I immediately remembered the song Lightning Crashes by Live. This was one of the first songs that I fell in love with and I have to credit Pyertubs on that one. I was busy renaming and arranging all our songs (yes, all our songs where stored in my lappy and he just synced his pod with my lappy) I came across the band Live and started listening to their songs.

I know Pyertubs remembers how much I loved this song and we even talked about what the song means. He's one who really loves to dissect a song and analyze it and I have to admit, that makes the song more memorable.

This song is a bit confusing though but it does have a deeper meaning. To sum it all up, it basically means that in the midst of death and sorrow, happiness will always shine through. Well, I'll leave the rest to your imagination!








Lightning Crashes
by Live

lightning crashes, a new mother cries
her placenta falls to the floor
the angel opens her eyes
the confusion sets in
before the doctor can even close the door

lightning crashes, an old mother dies
her intentions fall to the floor
the angel closes her eyes
the confusion that was hers
belongs now, to the baby down the hall

oh now feel it comin' back again
like a rollin' thunder chasing the wind
forces pullin' from the center of the earth again
I can feel it.

lightning crashes, a new mother cries
this moment she's been waiting for
the angel opens her eyes
pale blue colored iris,
presents the circle
and puts the glory out to hide, hide

  © Blogger template 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP